Fish stew with ugali. Welcome to the healthy meals channel if you are new, if you aren't then welcome back! If you like this video and found it helpful please don't forget to. #vlogmas #kenyanyoutuber #fishstew Thank you for watching. Ugali served with fish and veggies © meaduva / Flickr.
Eating an ugali recipe during luch or supper quenches your hunger pangs( you really get a stomach full). For this recipe you will need maize flour to make the Ugali and serve it with peppered beef stew and steamed cabbage. It tastes delicious and looks really. You can cook Fish stew with ugali using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish stew with ugali
- Prepare 1 of big tilapia.
- Prepare 3/4 of kgmaize flour.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of round onion.
- It’s of cooking oil.
- It’s of salt.
A classic Kenyan beef stew accompanied with properly cooked Ugali is everyone's favourite. My method is one that results in beautifully cooked tender meat, however, you may some times purchase meat that is hard and needs to be boiled before adding to the pot. Ugali (Corn Fufu) — Easy to prep, soft, very delightful and filling side dish. A perfect cornmeal side dish for greens, stews and proteins.
Fish stew with ugali step by step
- Wash the tilapia and remove the scales then pour salt on top.
- Deep fry the fish and cut into two then place a clean pan on heat and heat oil.
- Add the chopped onion and fry till golden brown then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add 1 cup water and add the fishand salt if needed then cook for 5 min.
- Remove from heat and add dhania then cover the lead to steam.
- Place a clean pot on heat and heat 2 cups water in it.
- When boiled add flour bit by bit as u stir till the desired texture.
- Serve hot with fish and enjoy.
Ugali is relatively inexpensive and thus easily accessible to the poor, who usually combine it with a meat or vegetable stew (e.g., sukuma wiki in The goat's small intestines are wrapped around small pieces of large intestines before cooking. Ugali and usipa (small fish), staples of the Yawo people of. Fishing tribes, like the Molo, harvest tilapia or Nile perch from Lake Turkana and Lake Victoria or pull fish from the sea. Tribes of farmers, such as the Ugali, a starchy gruel, is the foundation of the diet. This thick porridge is usually served with stews.