Wet fried fish, kales with Ugali. How to make some wet fried fish and ugali. Remove the scales and clean the fish especially the gills and remove all the intestines and clean with water. Method: • Season the whole fish with soy sauce, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. • Deep fry it until crispy then set aside • In a separate pan, make a thick sauce by frying onions, then add Stir in maize flour to make special ugali • Stir fry green vegetables then serve while hot. • Serve with orange juice.
Ugali served with fish and veggies © meaduva / Flickr. Later, the introduction of industrial processors that further refined the grain helped elongate the. Ugali is usually served as an accompaniment to meat or vegetable stews, greens or soured milk. You can have Wet fried fish, kales with Ugali using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wet fried fish, kales with Ugali
- Prepare of Part of fried tilapia fish.
- It’s slices of Kale, chopped to small thin.
- It’s 1 of green pepper.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes, 1 for kales and 3 for stew.
- You need 2 of onions.
- Prepare of Ugali flour for Ugali.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
To eat ugali, pull off a small ball of mush with your fingers. Form an indentation with your thumb, and use it to scoop up accompanying stews and other dishes. Or you can form larger balls with your hands or an. Fried Fish with Tomato Gravy and Ugali – Pika Chakula.
Wet fried fish, kales with Ugali instructions
- Chop the green pepper, onions and tomatoes..
- Stir fry the onions then add green pepper and tomatoes..
- Add little water then salt. Cover to simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add Onion to the cooking oil in a different cooking pot then cook till golden brown..
- Add tomatoes then wait to soften..
- Add the kales then salt and cover to steam for 5 minutes..
- Prepare Ugali using Ugali flour..
- Serve the warm fried fish with the soup made and Ugali and kales..
We Kenyan's love our fish and why should we not? We get fresh Tilapia fish from Lake Victoria in the Nyanza province. Fried Fish with Tomato Gravy and Ugali. Mkate wa Sembe (Swahili Sponge Cake). Classic Kenyan Beef Stew and Ugali.