Easy Potato Leek Soup.
You can have Easy Potato Leek Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Potato Leek Soup
- You need 2 of leeks, white and pale green parts only, washed and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of chives, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 6 large of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 4 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of half and half.
- You need 1 of shredded cheddar cheese to taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Easy Potato Leek Soup instructions
- In a pot over medium heat, cooked the leeks, onion, chives, and garlic until tender. About 5 min. Add the potatoes and broth. Cook until potatoes are tender. (About 20-25 min).
- Add half and half, and continue to simmer until it starts to thicken slightly. (About 10 min).
- Divide the soup in half and place one half in a blender. Once smooth, add back into the pot. This will help release some of the starch from the potatoes to help thicken it as well. Although if you like a chunkier soup you can skip this step..
- Add the cheese, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Stir continuously until cheese is melted, about 5 min..
- Dish into bowl, top with some more cheese, and a sprig of parsley. Serve and enjoy :).