Nikki's Quickie Potato Pancakes. Hey Muffin Tops Sometimes, I like to make short videos of my meals to inspire you and make you hungry 😊😊 Enjoy! The potato pancakes fry to a beautiful golden brown. They're fantastic as a side dish with a simple roasted chicken.
If you're swimming in leftover mashed potatoes after all your guests have come and gone, look no further than these pancakes. Learn how to make Korean potato pancakes. It's a perfect rainy day snack! You can have Nikki's Quickie Potato Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nikki's Quickie Potato Pancakes
- Prepare 3 cup of shredded hash browns.
- You need 2 1/2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 of lightly beaten eggs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of bacon fat (if you're health conscious just double the veggie oil).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (i use extra sharp), optional.
It's been a very hot sizzling summer season this year. But what do I have in my fridge and pantry that doesn't need me to go out to fetch fancy ingredients? I had two potatoes, some onions and green chillies on hand. Potato pancakes, raggmunk, draniki, deruny, latkes or boxties are shallow-fried pancakes of grated or ground potato, matzo meal or flour and a binding ingredient such as egg or applesauce.
Nikki's Quickie Potato Pancakes step by step
- Put potatoes in strainer and drain THOROUGHLY! I use a potato masher to press down to remove as much liquid as possible..
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl and add flour, eggs, melted butter, water, and salt. if you are using cheese, add that as well. mix well. i use a fork as it thoroughly combines the mixture..
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. gently drop mixture, 1/3 cup at a time, into oil. do not crowd..
- Fry until golden brown on both sides and drain on paper towels..
- Enjoy plain or top with sour cream, ketchup, bacon bits, or whatever else you prefer. enjoy!.
What's not to love about hot, crispy potato pancakes topped with tangy sour cream? Consider this post-Thanksgiving indulgence your necessary fuel for Black Friday festivities. And if you're staring down even more surplus spuds, don't miss additional recipes for Leftover Mashed Potato Waffles and. Draniki (aka deruny), are Russian stuffed potato pancakes made with grated potatoes. These are stuffed with a juicy meat patty – a delicious surprise!