Easy Potato Cheese Soup. This is the best and easiest base recipe for the soup I wanted. I substituted a few cups of chicken broth for part of the water and I diced the potatoes instead of slicing and mashing. An easy and delicious creamy potato soup recipe that can be made in just one pot!
This easy Potato Soup recipe is quick and easy to make on the stovetop, it's nice and creamy (without using heavy cream), and it's always so cozy and (The smaller you dice your potatoes, the faster your soup will cook.) Once the potatoes are nice and soft, stir in the cheddar cheese and Greek yogurt (or. Can You Freeze Easy Cheesy Loaded Potato Soup? Because of the cream in the soup base, this soup doesn't freeze very well. You can have Easy Potato Cheese Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Potato Cheese Soup
- Prepare 2 lb of Red potatoes.
- Prepare 4 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of Onion or 1/3 bag of frozen chopped onions.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of celery soup.
- It’s 1 can of Cheddar cheese coup.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper (or less to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 2 cup of Heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of Grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/3 cup of Hormel cooked bacon pieces and extra for topping.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sour cream (optional) plus extra for topping.
Cheese, crisp bacon, scallions and of course hearty potatoes in a creamy savory sauce. The Easy Potato-Cheese Soup recipe out of our category soup! To bring a little more filling fibre into play, sprinkle the soup with croutons. You can also easily make the toasted bread cubes yourself: Dice whole grain toast or.
Easy Potato Cheese Soup instructions
- Clean and chop red potatoes. I peel about half and leave about half with the peel on..
- Put chicken broth in pot and turn heat to high. Add potatoes to pot once chopped along with onions. Boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and can be smashed with a fork..
- You can choose to remove about 1 cup of broth now if you want a very thick soup. Then either blend in a blender, use an immersion blender, or mash with a potato masher..
- Add cream of celery, cheddar cheese soup and seasonings. Mix and heat through (about 2-3 minutes)..
- Add cream. Mix well..
- Add cheddar cheese, bacon, and sour cream. Mix and heat through..
This creamy and cheesy potato soup with broccoli comes together quickly for an easy and quick weeknight meal that everyone will love. But this broccoli potato cheese soup recipe doesn't sacrifice flavor in it's ingredient modifications, but instead is a healthyish version of my childhood fave. After the potatoes were cooked I pureed the soup using a stick blender. Added the cheese to the creamy, deep-orange soup. This was a quick, easy and delicious soup for a weeknight.